Thursday 15 December 2016

Model Planning - Decision making process for my models

I considered many different models when planning who to use in my production, by thinking about whether they reinforced the typical/expected conventions of the hip-hop/r&b genre I had chosen or subverted it. My options that I considered varied in ethnicity, race and gender, to give me more thought into who would best target the specific audience tied to our genre of magazine, as the better targetted the magazine is at its audience, the better it will sell and be recognised. I mainly focussed my magazine on more masculine models that audiences would look up to, and also for the purpose of being able to show their stereotypes which reinforce the hip-hop/r&b genre, for example, how the black model I used stereotypically links to this genre the most. Because I wanted to stick to a more stereotypical magazine for my chosen genre that best focussed on its target audience, I didn't include a female model, as this didn't seem the right way of best displaying the genre and its typical conventions, as women are stereotypically known to have less authority and dominance, which I don't want my magazine to portray to its target audience.





No comments:

Post a Comment